NLG is committed to supporting healthy and economically prosperous Nisga’a communities where children, youth, and adults have hope and opportunities, as well as access to social programs that support a healthy living standard. This is accomplished by developing individual and family strengths and by providing access to social services that will enhance their self-sufficiency.
The following programs are delivered by individual village social development departments:
- Basic Needs
- Training Employment Support
- Special Needs
- Family Violence Prevention
- Guardian Financial Assistance
- Community Support Services
- Adult In-Home Care
- National Child Benefit Reinvestment
- Employment Initiatives, and
- Community Preventative Services.
Dimt hugaxam diyeem’ t an de’entgum’
Our governance and services evolve to meet our people’s needs