Complaint Resolution

Nisga’a Child and Family Services (NCFS) provides services to Nisga’a members residing within the Nass Valley, Terrace and Prince Rupert areas. NCFS is dedicated to providing quality services to Nisga’a children (ages 0-19 years) and their families.

NCFS social workers are guided by the belief that everyone has the right to be treated fairly, and with dignity and respect. NCFS encourages clients to actively participate in the decisions affecting them. The rights of the child, what’s in their best interest and considering children’s views guides the complaint process. NCFS has committed to provide Nisga’a members with a culturally appropriate service.

To share your concern about the quality of our service, contract Nisga’a Child and Family Services Office at Toll Free: 1 888 633 2603

The Complaint Resolution Process

Step 1:  You are encouraged to address your concern or complaint with your NCFS worker. If there is no resolution between you and your worker, the next step is used.

Step 2:  The issue is brought to the agency Supervisor who will attempt to resolve the issue by meeting with both you and your worker.

Step 3:  If there is no resolution, the NCFS Program Director will participate in addressing the dispute.

Not all complaints are eligible for review. For example

  • Matters that are currently before the court.
  • Issues with youth in custody

 If your complaint is ineligible a NCFS worker will refer you to another review process to resolve your concerns.

 The Complaint Process

The NCFS Program Director will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. The director may wish to obtain further information from you and will obtain information from the agency staff to determine if attempts were made to resolve the complaint.

Confidentiality and privacy of clients is respected. Individuals have the right to involve an advocate, friend or relative in the process for support. Based on the nature of the complaint, all concerns are responded to within a reasonable time frame. NCFS will continue to work together with individuals to find a resolution to their complaint.

Other Complaint Processes

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may wish to contact:

Office of the Ombudsperson

The Ombudsperson receives inquiries and complaints about practices and services provided by public agencies

Tel: 1 800 567 3247

Representative for Children and Youth

The Representative for Children and Youth supports individuals who need help with child welfare concerns

Tel: 1 800 476 3933

Link to the Quality Assurance Branch

Modal Title

Any content could go in here.